About the job
Scout Cold Logistics is a real estate investment and development firm dedicated to cold warehousing infrastructure. The company invests in cold storage logistics and food production facilities throughout the United States. The company deploys capital through its dedicated investment fund. Scout is headquartered in Coral Gables, FL.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Development Accountant / Assistant Controller is responsible for all aspects of Accounting and Reporting as it relates to all development and construction projects. Ensures that individual development project ledgers and other real estate accounting records are in accordance with GAAP and any other required basis of accounting. Coordinates, trains and coaches internal and external personnel on Scout’s procedures, processes and policies. Coordinates the receipt of required information from Scout development team, general contractors and other third parties. Prepares and submits construction draws to investors and lenders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs and/or coordinates accounting for all development projects, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of project budgets in the system making sure the approved budgets are entered.
- Process project change orders and budget revisions.
- Update construction draw schedules.
- Processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Responsible for creating and submitting the construction draw package to capital providers and coordinating the timely submittal, review and receipt of funds.
- Work with project managers on variances from approved project budget.
- Coordinates the receipt of required information from development partners, fee developers and others.
- Read and interpret development and operating agreements to make sure we are in compliance with requirements.
- Responsible for monthly development accruals and provide accurate cost information for development valuations.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of policies and procedures for development projects.
- Plans, prioritizes and coordinates tasks to ensure completion of multiple assignments or project within prescribed timelines.
- Interact with internal and external customers, accounting team members, development partners, portfolio management/development teams to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA desired but not required
- 5-10 yrs. Accounting experience in Commercial Real Estate Development and Construction or with a General Contractor a must.
- Qualifications will determine ultimate job title.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required
- Ability to write corporate reports, transaction summaries and other financial and accounting documents
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to corporate executives, development team members, contractors, and lenders.
- Ability to succinctly summarize transactions, issues and solutions for various stakeholders
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers and members of the business community.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel and Outlook is required. Experience with Yardi a plus.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ability to work independently, meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects in an entrepreneurial and high-stress environment is critical
- Good communication skills, flexibility and detail-orientation with the ability to see and understand the big picture
- Accountability, dependability, integrity and ambition are keys to success in this position
- Demonstrates teamwork, knowledge-sharing and maintaining relationships
- Customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills are required
Competitive – based on experience.