About the job
Scout Cold Logistics is a real estate investment and development firm dedicated to cold warehousing infrastructure. The company invests in cold storage logistics and food production facilities throughout the United States. The company deploys capital through its discretionary investment fund. Scout is headquartered in Coral Gables, FL.
The Senior Asset Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead and direct the asset management function for a portfolio of cold storage industrial properties across the U.S. The role reports directly to the Senior Vice President (“SVP”) of Asset Management to support them in executing an industry-leading asset management approach for Scout’s industrial portfolio. The Senior Asset Manager will oversee all facets of property operations, manage positive tenant relationships, and strive to maximize value for a portfolio of assets. This position will interact extensively with third party property services providers and vendors, along with Scout team members across Legal, Accounting, Development, and Finance. Travel to assigned locations on a regular basis is required.
- Develop, implement, and monitor business plans for each of the assigned portfolio assets, which govern daily operations, capital outlays and ultimate positioning in the marketplace to maximize asset performance.
- Work with the Development and Leasing teams to assist in the process to identify, develop, and implement value-added strategies concerning existing assets. Strategies may include, but are not limited, to renovations relating to repositioning and lease-up, and assessment of expansion development options.
- Assist with investment committee reports and acquisition due diligence.
- Oversee management of property operations for assets, including, developing solid relationships through sound leadership with property managers and other onsite staff.
- Manage the reporting process for the assigned portfolio of assets (business plans and monthly and quarterly reports) in an efficient and timely manner and as a means of improving performance.
- Supervise, train, and motivate property managers, leasing staff, and personnel in Scout’s asset management philosophy.
- Conduct regular site visits to review the status of capital improvement projects, expense approvals, personnel issues, and meet with tenants to direct changes to maximize asset performance.
- Maintain an understanding of architectural plans and contracts, engineering studies, and schedules.
- Work with Scout’s FP&A team on the efficient and timely completion of quarterly and annual asset valuations and provide context for the asset to be able to support and provide insightful operating recommendations regularly.
- Oversee general property level analysis functions (i.e., PM contracts, RFPs, construction, and vendor agreements).
- Work with Scout’s Acquisition, Leasing and FP&A teams on market research projects to continually assess each asset’s position in a respective market from a leasing perspective and all underlying factors that may influence it.
- Update demographic and market information for each asset area for strategic planning and reporting purposes.
The ideal candidate for this role will exhibit competency in the following areas:
- Creative Thinking – An innovative thinker who translates thoughts into actionable items.
- Works Collaboratively – A team player committed to achieving objectives through collective action and communication.
- High Energy – Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is essential.
- Models Scout’s Values – Conducts daily business and interactions with mindfulness to reflect Scout’s culture and promote its values and standards.
- Results Driven – Outperforms expectations and promotes the firm’s competitive advantage through an analytical and context-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working at an Industrial developer, owner and operator in asset management with exposure to acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. MBA or CFA preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Core competency is the ability to prepare and review complex financial models in excel
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail including an editing eye, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to navigate nuance and complexity
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting, and independently
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Yardi and Argus a plus
Competitive – based on experience.